Texas Rollergirls Bootcamp comes to London!!!
That’s right ladies and gents, its on!!
London Rollergirls is proud to announce that in conjunction with the Texas Rollergirls, we are bringing you your very own local version of the awesome Texas Rollergirls Bootcamp. Not only that, but the venue is HUGE! That’s right, ExCel London has been lassoed in for both the boot camp and the bout.
When? Saturday March 20th and Sunday March 21st, 8am to 4pm and 9am to 7pm
Where? ExCel London, E16 1XL
What do you get?
* 2 days (Sat 20th, Sun 21st) of track time with the TXRG.
* One trainer for every 13 skaters.
* Multiple tracks and a huge space.
* The WFTDA head ref running the ref bootcamp.
* Helpful bout footage critiques.
* Workshops on all aspects of derby
* Chat time with the Executive Director of the WFTDA, Bloody Mary.
* A chance to pre-buy a ticket to the bout before it goes on sale to the general public!
Some of the topics covered for different levels include…
* Beginner camp:
* T stops
* snow plows
* cross overs
* basic form
* basic game play
* rules for flat track derby
* land drills to build core and leg strength
* light scrimmaging with minimal contact
* pack control
* work on lane coverage
* work on frontal blocking
* mastering assists
* more advanced game play strategy
* land drills for strength and fitness
* and of course…scrimmaging!
* Review of WFTDA rules, hand signals
* Go over the steps you need to take to become a WFTDA certified ref - including review of test material
* Discussion of reffing situations and how to call scenarios
* On skates reffing of drills and scrimmage
Boot Camp and Bout Ticket - £115
Boot Camp Only - £100
Ref Boot Camp and Bout Ticket - £65
Ref Boot Camp Only - £50
REGISTER NOW AT: http://www.londonrollergirls.com/
and check out the Facebook Event HERE